The Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Fair will be held on November 6 and 7, 2015 in the Agricultural University of Plovdiv. Herb collectors, buyers and processors, farmers, and entrepreneurs, as well as all those interested in developing a livelihood, connected to medicinal plants in the Plovdiv district and the rest of Bulgaria will take part in the event. The Fair is being organised by Foundation Information and Nature Conservation, in partnership with the administration of the Agricultural University, as part of a project co-funded by The European Commission’s financial instrument for the environment – Life+. The event will be widely publicised by national and regional media.
The Fair will offer its participants:
- Discussions, with the all parties, interested in the protection and sustainable use of medicinal plants in Bulgaria;
- Presentations from Bulgarian and international experts;
- Consultation meetings for farmers, which will give them the opportunity to meet experts, obtain advice and seek guidance from the top specialists in the field;
- A fair, where producers of pharmaceutical, parapharmaceutical and cosmetic products, functional foods, spices, etc. can exhibit their goods;
- A presentation of folk traditions and rituals, connected to herbs, and a selection of food and beverages made with herbs;
- Premiere of a film about good practices and examples of the sustainable use of wild medicinal plants as well as their cultivation, created during the project.
You are welcome to attend! Take part in this forum for the exchange of ideas, experience and information about medicinal plants!